TST: Cocktail Hour

Kentucky Derby women clothing, cocktail dress

Kentucky Derby women clothing, cocktail dress

Kentucky Derby women clothing, cocktail dress

Kentucky Derby women clothing, cocktail dress

Although today’s theme for Thrift Style Thursday is cocktail hour, in this outfit I feel like I’m doing more than cocktails but heading to the royal palace for some high tea or watching the horse races at the Kentucky derby–which, funny enough, is the occasion I created this outfit for. However, I thought I would share it with you all a bit early. When I think of the Kentucky Derby, I think horse racing, women in pretty cocktail dresses, big hats and fascinators. The big race starts on May 3rd, 2014 and I can hardly wait! Don’t forget to stay connected on instagam because I will be sharing pictures! If there is anyone from Kentucky or anyone who has been to the Derby, please let me know how you liked it or if you have any tips for  a newbie!

The dress is an oldie but goodie from H&M, in a pastel/pale yellow colour,  and  works beautifully for Spring and Easter. The fascinator, is my favorite part of the outfit. I have been anxiously awaiting the perfect opportunity to wear it for a second time. I purchased it a year or more ago. The shoes are thrifted, so I may have cheated a little this week. If anyone is interested in joining Thrift Style Thursday, please email me. Next week will be boho chic!

I took a very short break to rest after finishing school for the year. It’s crazy how exhausted finals can make you, but I will be back in a couple of days!

Happy Easter!
So what do you think? Will you be rocking a fascinator to your next cocktail party?

Outfit Information:

Fascinator: China Town

Dress: H&M (old)

Heels: Thrifted

Necklace: from a clothing swap

See how the other ladies styled the cocktail hour look below:

Alligator Toe  // Being Zhenya  // Buttons and Birdcages  // Eclecticity //  Erikaโ€™s Style Diary // Sandpaper Kisses // Sistas From Cali //  Snippets with Alex // Spoolish  // The Two Cent Chick // Confessions of a Refashionista

Let’s Stay Connected

Google + // Twitter // Instagram

18 Comments

1. Anonymous April 17, 2014 / 7:11 pm

You look fabulous! I love the cut and the gorgeous cream color of your dress – it fits you beautifully! The heels totally finish the outfit, and you definitely look ready for the Kentucky Derby haha! ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Lenya April 17, 2014 / 8:14 pm

I can imagine you watching the derby. You look drop dead gorgeous girl.xoxLenyaFashionDreams&Lifestyle

3. Anonymous April 17, 2014 / 11:20 pm

This fascinator is stunning, you look like you just stepped out of a magazine!xx Carawww.carascliche.com

4. Laurie Kunz April 18, 2014 / 12:14 am

I love this look, it's lovely !Thank you so much for visiting my blog and following me =D Followed you back !Hope to see you again soon on http://lorallure.blogspot.comLove-Laurie

5. Zhenya H April 18, 2014 / 1:42 am

Girl, you are gorgeous! And that head piece – amazing! ~Zhenyahttp://beingzhenya.com

6. Erika April 18, 2014 / 5:03 am

What a cute dress! I love that fascinator too. I've always been fascinated (haha) by those and wondered if I could pull it off. It looks great on you! Have fun at the race! I'm excited to see your pics on IG! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Justine Smith April 18, 2014 / 3:07 pm

I looooove this on you! Especially the dress and the heels…so chic!

8. Manhattan Image and Style April 18, 2014 / 3:27 pm

What a great look sweetie! Love it!Dianawww.ManhattanImageandStyle.comNew Blog Post: [Outfit Idea] .Rocking Neon.Previews Blog Post: [Health Tips] .Healthy Habits You Must Add To Your Routine.

9. Miche April 19, 2014 / 2:22 am

Uh well you look freakin fabulous! I totally wish I was going to the derby this year! My only tip is to be sure to drink fancy cocktails! I will definitely be following along via instagram with you!Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

10. Fredreca Adams April 19, 2014 / 9:44 pm

Lovely dress and the shoes are a perfect compliment!www.fafresh.blogspot.com

11. Nout April 20, 2014 / 1:16 am

girl you look AMAZING! I love LOVE this outfit and how it's vintage-y but modern too. Let's go grab drinks! xo

12. Lenya April 20, 2014 / 5:02 pm

Happy Easter darlingkissesLenyaFashionDreams&Lifestyle

13. Coco Colo April 20, 2014 / 6:43 pm

Wow, you look so elegant :)http://coco-colo.blogspot.de/

14. Jennifer Noir April 21, 2014 / 3:16 pm

So classy and sophisticated, love the head-piece! xwww.JenniferNoir.blogspot.co.uk x

15. Karen Miriam April 23, 2014 / 8:57 am

Girl, how gorgeous do you look! I love the fascinator and it goes so well with the dress. You look amazeballs. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I followed you back on google + and GFChttp://myfashioncabin.blogspot.com/2014/04/pink-leopard-printed-skirt.html

16. ensembledeux April 24, 2014 / 3:39 am

I love this outfit! :)www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

17. mark lawrence December 25, 2017 / 9:50 am

I like your blog, very stylish. You look gorgeous sweetheart! I wore a similar dress to a recent event in one of the San Francisco event venues but let me tell, you pull it off way better than I did. You look absolutely stunning in this. Much love!