A Masculine Flair- TTs

Hello ladies and gents,
It’s Thursday and I can’t believe how quickly this week has flown by. As you know, today is thrift Thursday’s (TTs) and today’s theme is menswear.
So, if you missed the whole concept behind thrift Thursdays (TTs) here it is: it’s a day where some other bloggers and I, share one or a few of our thrift finds, and style it according to the theme. For me personally, I love mixing my thrift finds and things I buy at regular stores. Building your wardrobe and style should never hold you back if you are on a budget. Mixing high and lows, and rocking it confidently is all you need. If you want to join please add me on

twitter: https://twitter.com/sincerelymissj

Now, onto the main order of business. When, I think of menswear, I picture a tailored power suit. Unfortunately, my dream power suit would be fitted and patterned but I’m still searching for it. Instead I opted for separates with a navy blue blazer and forest green dress pants. I really enjoyed this outfit combination and felt so lady like in it, even though it had a bit of a masculine flair. On this particular day it was really cold and windy so I threw my jacket over my shoulders.

Like the menswear look? Here are some tips to help create your own chic outfit

1.  Don’t loose yourself in the fit: Try slim fitting trousers and tailored blazers
2. Opt for heels rather then flats: it elongates the legs
3. Add a girly element: here I opted for a flower patterned  shirt. However, the possibilities are endless. Ex. add a statement necklace or the color pink.

masculine flair and style

Please check out the other participants of Thrift Thursday and see how their rocked menswear

Spoolish // Being Zhenya // Sandpaper Kisses // Buttonsandbirdcages // The two cent chick //

Alligatortoe

Hoped you enjoyed the post

I shall be back very soon, so keep visiting

Outfit Information:

Blouse: Mode Star

Blazer (United Colors of Benetton)- Thrifted

Coat: Anne Klein

Pants: (TopShop)- Thrifted

Heels: Thrifted

Bag: Kijiji

12 Comments

1. Anonymous November 14, 2013 / 6:33 pm

Gorgeous! I absolutely love the way you've paired that beautiful feminine blouse with more structured/tailored menswear style pieces – what a hot look! Yowza! 😉

2. Nout November 14, 2013 / 6:43 pm

this outfit is hella sharp. I absolutely love it!

3. Lenya November 14, 2013 / 9:55 pm

I think this is my fav outfit on you so far. Love love love it. Everything is just perfect!!! The blouse is to die for.xoxLenyaFashionDreams&Lifestyle

4. Justine Smith November 14, 2013 / 10:06 pm

Um…WOW! You look so incredibly chic! You did an amazing job 🙂

5. Anisimeoku Dago November 15, 2013 / 10:00 pm

You look amazing!! xxhttp://headenough.blogspot.co.uk

6. Manhattan Image and Style November 16, 2013 / 12:01 am

Wow, what a gorgeous and elegant look! Very classic! ;)I have a new video up on my blog now, I hope you like it! ;)Dianawww.ManhattanImageandStyle.comNew Video: 7 Ways to Layer Your Clothes Like A New Yorker

7. LoveT. November 16, 2013 / 1:16 pm

Elegant and beautiful!Happy Weekend

8. yourpersonalthrift.blogspot.com November 16, 2013 / 11:48 pm

Very nice! Just discovered your blog and love how you put a menswear look together.

9. Jonnessa November 17, 2013 / 11:52 am

So chic outfit. You look stunning, dear. :)Following you via GFC, feel free to follow back. :)www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

10. Maise Moura November 17, 2013 / 3:21 pm

Hi dear your blog is amazin….love that outfitwill be so nice if we follow each ether on GCP facebook and chicissimo,…lets do it?a big kiss for you have a nice day..http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it

11. Ana Correia November 19, 2013 / 1:59 pm

Hi, I got the link to your blog on Lucky Community :)You have such a pretty blog. I just started to follow you on GFC and Bloglovin'I would really appreciate if you could follow me back, please.Kisses, Ana.

12. Aleksandra Panic November 29, 2013 / 1:13 am

Amazing corporate but very chic look! Great surprise with the green colour. and top….nedless to say it is gorgeoussashadollfashioncloset.blogspot.com